Le sport adapté : plaisir et santé !
ADAPTED SPORS: HAVE FUN & BE HEALTY!
This event is primarily aimed at parents, families and caregivers of children with a physical disability who play adapted sports at different levels, or who are interested in them and wish to learn more about the subject. Professionals are also welcome to attend if they wish to learn more about the resources available to and issues faced by the families they work with.
Thanks to the collaboration of the teams of four Montreal pediatric centers, namely, the CHU Sainte-Justine, its Marie Enfant Rehabilitation Centre, the Montreal Children's Hospital and the Shriners Hospitals for Children - Canada, this event will once again bring together families, professionals, organizations and partners to discuss a unifying theme.
- In person at the CHU Sainte-Justine on March 25th, 2023
- Virtually on March 25th, 2023
- Simultaneous translation will be available for all presentations (French and English)
For people on site at the CHU Sainte-Justine
- Visit the booths of organizations related to adapted sports
- Childcare available for children - registration required by March 12, 2023
- Breakfast, snacks and lunch included
This event will unfold in 3 blocks:
- BLOCK 1 - The benefits of participating in adapted sports
- BLOCK 2 - Access to adapted sports
- BLOCK 3 - The practice of adapted sports
The program of the event is available under the "Program" tab.
Registration is free, but mandatory. Register online by clicking on the ''Registration'' tab.
- Andréane Bourgeois, Family physician and specialist in sports medicine, Institut national du sport du Québec
- Aurélie Vigné, Manager, MUSCO
- Dr. Claire Leblanc, Head Pediatric Rheumatology, Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Claude Nadeau, Manager of the Technical and Technological Aids Cluster, Marie Enfant Rehabilitation Centre
- Dr. Daphné Laurin-Landry, Psychologist specialized in sports and mental health, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada
- Elisabelle Gendron, Program Coordinator, Centre d’intégration à la vie active
- Jeffrey Beausoleil, Patient Resource, MUSCO
- Dr. Josée Larochelle, Paediatric Physiatrist, Marie Enfant Rehabilitation Centre and CHU Sainte-Justine
- Katharina Bourgin, Project and Communications Manager, MUSCO
- Lise Roche, Director of Programs, Mirella & Lino Saputo Foundation
- Dr. Marie-Lyne Nault, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, CHU Sainte-Justine
- Dr. Peter Glavas, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, CHU Sainte-Justine
- Dr. Reggie Hamdy, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada
- Rita Yap, Physiotherapist and Team Lead in Rehabilitation, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada
- Stephanie Gould, Inter-establishment Navigator, MUSCO
- Dr. Thierry Pauyo, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada
MUSCO is a collaborative initiative carried by the four organizing institutions. This approach aims to improve the lives of children with musculoskeletal disorders requiring complex care by developing various projects such as this family-oriented event.
Thank you to the MUSCO founding partners
CHU Sainte-Justine3175, Chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine Montréal, QC Canada, H3T 1C5
January 25, 2023 - 18:00 until March 25, 2023 - 12:00
For any questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org