Welcome to the 2024 Turtle Island Indigenous Science Conference website!
Advancing evidence-based approaches in Indigenous knowledge and science
This year, we come together to honour ancestral knowledge while shaping a brighter future. Explore cutting-edge research, connect with Indigenous scholars, and participate in hands-on workshops.
The conference will bring together scholars, knowledge keepers, and other experts from across North America (Turtle Island) to share advances and experiences in Indigenous science, research, education, and policy.
Attending this conference will allow you to:
· Explore innovations in cutting-edge research
· Understand the importance of place by exploring Treaty 4 lands
· Enhance community connections and strengthen networks
· Immerse yourself in local Indigenous traditions
· Authentic and inclusive approaches to discovery and teaching
· Engaging youth in STEM
· Indigenous engagement with water, land and the environment
· Relationships, partnerships, and sharing knowledges in a good way
· Open sessions on other topics
The Faculty of Science at the University of Regina, in partnership with First Nations University of Canada and File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council, is honoured to host the 2024 Turtle Island Indigenous Science Conference. This conference follows the very successful inaugural Turtle Island Indigenous Science Conference held at the University of Manitoba in 2022.
We hope to see you in Regina, as we embark on this transformative journey.
The Organizing Committee
Check back for updates and information.
University of Regina3737, Wascana Parkway Regina, SK Canada, S4S 0A2
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com .