Vue sur ma Science | 1st Edition
The CRCHUM is proud to present its first scientific photo contest for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and residents conducting research at the CRCHUM.
The Vue sur ma Science competition is dedicated to images resulting from research carried out across all CRCHUM research themes (cancer, cardiometabolic, health innovation and evaluation hub, imaging and engineering, immunopathology, and neuroscience). Selected images will be widely diffused, and all profits from the sale of the winning artworks will be donated to the CRCHUM student committee.
The CRCHUM is delighted to have Impakt Scientifik as a partner in this competition.
Eligibility criteria :
Graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and residents conducting scientific research at the CRCHUM.
Rules for entering the competition :
- Types of entries accepted : Photographs may relate to any field of scientific research: basic research, clinical research and population health.
- Entries may not be constructed entirely using artificial intelligence software.
- The image submitted must originate from/illustrate research work conducted by the participant.
- The registrant must have created the image and own all rights to it. They must also have obtained the consent of any person appearing in the image.
- By entering the contest, the entrant releases CHUM, its employees, agents, representatives and their respective delegates from any liability (i) for any copyright infringement that may arise and any litigation that may ensue, and (ii) for any damages of any kind that may result, directly or indirectly, from the entrant's participation or attempted participation in the contest.
- CHUM reserves the right to publish the images selected at the end of the contest in any media, or to modify their format, in order to promote the contest, the finalists, the prizewinners or the research.
- CHUM undertakes to mention the names of the authors of the images each time they are published or broadcast, unless circumstances do not permit.
- Each registrant whose image is selected for the Vue sur ma Science contest agrees to sign a copyright license agreement with the CHUM.
- By entering the contest, you agree to abide by the official contest rules.
- The person who completes the contest application form and whose entry is selected must consent, without compensation, to the use, reproduction, publication, transmission and distribution, by the CHUM or contest partners, of his or her name, photo and prize information in any publication or promotional activity for the purpose of promoting the contest, finalists, prize winners or research.
Visibility and prizes :
Six artworks will be selected.
The selected artworks will be at the heart of numerous activities and will be widely disseminated:
- Exhibition at the official Vue sur ma Science Exposition during the 24th congress of students, interns and residents of the CHUM,
- Exhibition during the CRCHUM's 10th anniversary activities,
- Exhibition in the virtual gallery on the CRCHUM website and official 24th congress of students, interns and residents of the CHUM website.
Selected artworks will be sold, with all proceeds going to support CRCHUM student committee activities.
Public's Favourite: The artworks chosen by the public at the 24th congress of students, interns and residents of the CHUM will be permanently exhibited at the CHUM.
Six prizes will be awarded for each artwork selected, each consisting of a $300 bursary, and a $600 bursary for the artwork voted "Public's Favourite".
Submit your artwork :
The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. on September 17, 2023.
The minimum resolution required for the photo to be eligible is 300 dots per inch (dpi). The recommended size is 7087 to 7087 pixels (60cm x 60cm at 300 dpi) for a good quality print if selected. Maximum file size is 200 megabytes. Images must be submitted in PNG, JPEG/JPG or TIFF format.
Works must be accompanied by the following information:
- Author's name,
- CRCHUM research theme,
- Title of artwork,
- Year of creation/design of the artwork,
- A brief description of the artwork (maximum 100 words).
Please send your file by Wetransfer or OneDrive before the deadline.
Send your application by e-mail to Hana Maalaoui / email@example.com
Submissions with missing information will automatically be rejected.