Schwartz Discover Grant
The Discover Grant for Undergraduate Summer Research (sponsored by the Schwartz Undergraduate Research Fund) supports immersive, full-time summer research experiences for undergraduate students at the University of Rochester. The goal of the program is to help students get involved in research early in their academic careers and enhance their competitiveness for future fellowships and other advanced research opportunities.
- Deadline: March 31
- Purpose: living expense support to be used toward early academic career, mentored summer research projects that are otherwise unpaid
- Eligibility: University of Rochester undergraduates in Arts, Sciences, & Engineering—with the exception of graduating seniors—working under the mentorship of a University of Rochester faculty member
- Time requirement: minimum of 300 hours of research-intensive involvement through the summer
- Funding: up to $5000 fellowship to support living expenses. Decisions announced by April 18.
2023 Info Session: January 25, 6-7 p.m.; location TBD
- We'll cover grant eligibility, how to apply, and how to get started on great written statements.
- Can't make it? Check out the overview slides.
- Link to last year's Jan. 27, 2022 zoom session HERE
Looking for some examples? Check out a sample Research Project Proposal, Personal Statement, and/or Mentorship Plan.
Wondering how applications will be evaluated? See the SDG Evaluation Rubric that will guide reviewers.
For assistance in crafting your resume, please see the resources provided by the Greene Center for Career Education and Connections.
The Discover Grant application is now closed; it will reopen on January 18, 2023
Students from underrepresented backgrounds, as defined by the NIH, are especially encouraged to apply:
- Students who are Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander.
- Students with disabilities, and/or
- Students from disadvantaged backgrounds, including first-generation college students and students who come from families with income below established low-income thresholds
January 11, 2023 - 21:00 until April 1, 2023 - 03:30
For any questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org