Alternate Clinical Evaluation BC (ACEBC)
The discontinuation of the Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE) clinical component requires short- and long-term solutions for candidates to meet the requirements for full registration in BC. In accordance with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (College) bylaws, the University of British Columbia (UBC), Department of Physical Therapy will administer an alternate evaluation.
The Alternate Clinical Evaluation BC (ACEBC) is an in-person OSCE that takes place in Vancouver and follows the CAPR 2018 blueprint. For additional information, please read Candidate Instructions.
Responsibilities of each organization
- UBC - content, eligibility and registration, administration
- CPTBC - psychometric analysis, convene a panel to confirm final results
- $1,400 per person
Candidates who are registered for an exam and wish to defer or, who in exceptional circumstances are unable to attend the exam for which they are registered, will be subjected to an administrative fee applied for a transfer to a future exam if space allows.
Rescheduling Fee Structure
- Before registration closes/exam reaches capacity: $100.00
- After registration closes/exam reaches capacity: $300.00
NOTE: ACE BC functions as a cost recovery exam in order to to keep exam cost to candidates as low as possible.
- Candidates must review the eligibility policy to determine if they are eligible to attempt the ACEBC
- When registering for the ACEBC, candidates will be asked to provide proof that they have passed the PCE written component and will be asked to provide details on any previous attempts on a clinical assessment (including the PCE clinical component, ACEBC, or other clinical assessment in any jurisdiction in Canada)
- If the candidate is not eligible, their ACEBC registration will be cancelled, which may be subject to a cancellation fee.
- Candidates are expected to communicate in an appropriate manner. Any unprofessional communication will be forwarded to CPTBC.
Results are generally released 2 weeks after the date of the evaluation.
Candidates who pass are eligible for full registration in BC:
- Note that BC is the only jurisdiction that will recognize the ACEBC for full registration. If you wish to practice in another jurisdiction in Canada, you will need to be fully registered in BC and apply to the other jurisdiction under labour mobility rules (Canadian Free Trade Agreement/ Agreement on Internal Trade)
Candidates who don’t pass:
- May have a lower priority to register for the following evaluation; this will depend on the spaces available
- Will be advised that their interim registration permits (if applicable) will be cancelled 7 days after results are received
September 5, 2023 - 00:00 until December 31, 2027 - 23:30
For any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com