"Humanizing technologies for a better society. Purpose-driven innovation to empower people"
Lecco, October 12-13, 2023
- Through this "Home page" section you will find detailed information about the RSA AiIG 2023, including: i) conference theme; ii) program; iii) important dates; iv) thematic tracks.
- Before submitting your work through the "Work Submission" section, you must register to this platform through the section "Registration". Remember that this will not automatically register you for the conference. To do so, please register and proceed with the payment through the following link: https://www.ingegneriagestionale.it/rsa/2023/registration/
The 34th edition of the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Italian Association of Management Engineering (AiIG) will be held in Lecco, on October 12-13, 2023, organized by Politecnico di Milano. All the events will take place at the Campus of Politecnico di Milano in Lecco (via Previati - via Ghislanzoni). The program is detailed as shown in the table:
A number of social events will be organized from October 11th afternoon to October 13th evening. We warmly invite you to participate.
The detailed conference program, the list of the hotels, social events and directions to the campus will be available on this website and at: https://www.ingegneriagestionale.it/rsa/2023
The 34th Annual Scientific Meeting theme is “Humanizing technologies for a better society. Purpose-driven innovation to empower people”. Our annual meeting will be dedicated to better understanding the complex relationship between people, communities, and technologies. The overall objective of the discussion is to propose and analyze new models of innovation, technology development, and adoption conceived to mitigate the unintended consequences of innovation, to better respond to societal grand challenges and to accelerate the transition towards more sustainable and inclusive economic and industrial paradigms. There is a pressing need to rethink and reshape the current model of innovation, driven by the idea of super-performance and super-functionality of technology and the imperative of profit maximisation for shareholders, and move instead towards a more balanced model, centred on the social dividends of technology that fully reconciles the human, social and environmental implications of industrial production with the economic and financial ones. The conference aims to anticipate a near-term future in which sustainability and innovation will converge in a unique, single and undetachable meaning, enabling deep-purpose business models and sustainable growth.
The following research streams are particularly relevant to this extent:
- Models and approaches aimed at introducing a human-centred perspective into innovation models
- Innovation approaches aimed at contrasting inequalities, taking care of disadvantaged individuals and in general enabling smart responses to societal challenges
- Social innovation and social-tech
- Data for good
- Innovation, competition and industrial dynamics for collective well-being
- Finance for human-centred and inclusive innovation
- Models and methods for the design and management of regenerative and resilient industrial supply chains
- Collaborative and distributed manufacturing models enabled by digital platforms for more sustainable production systems
- Person-centred digital factory model
A list of proposed thematic tracks is also contributing to the program:
- The era of a new virtual economy: how do business strategies change with the advent of virtual goods and worlds?
- New Insights on Resource and Knowledge Management in Circular Supply Chains
- Unlocking start-ups’ and SMEs’ full potential: the role of resources and their redeployment - Digitalization and Entrepreneurship Across Firm Types: Towards a Context-Specific Perspective
- Untangling consumer behavior to develop marketing strategies and new products/services for a sustainable transition
- Humanizing the healthcare sector: how to generate value from human-centric innovations
- Digital technologies in the Service sector: opportunities, challenges, and impacts for business model innovation and human-centered value creation
- The Role of Digitalization in Fostering Sustainable Development for International Business
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Digitalization for a Better Society: Fostering Inclusion and Green Entrepreneurship
- Complexity perspectives, models, approaches, and methods to support resilience and sustainability in organizations and innovation systems
- Industry 5.0 and digital transformation: unveiling the main dynamics of human-centered innovation
- Human Learning and Digital Innovation in Creative and Cultural Industries
- The Data Science Perspective in Entrepreneurship and Management Research
- Developing digital and dynamic capabilities in the digital transformation era
- Platform Thinking and Circular Economy: Opportunities for a sustainable impact
- Digital Innovation Ecosystem development for the Circular Economy: the Startups’ perspective -Circular economy, digital technologies, and innovation ecosystem: opportunities and challenges for sustainable, resilient, and human-centered global value and supply chains - Accelerating Circular Economy Transition: the Role of Open Innovation and Digital Technologies
Two different types of paper may be presented:
1) ‘Competitive’ papers, namely fully-developed papers, ready for submissions to journals/books, describing clearly research objectives, research hypotheses, and empirical/theoretical analysis;
2) ‘Work-in-progress’ papers, namely early-stage papers, still not ready for submission to journals/books, describing motivations and pitching possible research hypotheses.
IMPORTANT! The submitted PDF/WORD file SHALL NOT include the authors' names. In case of acceptance, authors will be required to upload the final version including the authors' names.
A blind review process will be adopted for the evaluation of all submissions.
Each author can submit up to three papers but will be allowed to present just one (every accepted paper must have a different presenter).
The presented papers will be available on the conference website.
In case of submission of a paper to a thematic track, we ask the authors to address its corresponding organizer reported on https://www.ingegneriagestionale.it/rsa/2023/conference-tracks/ before the online submission.
By 9 July 2023 - Submission of extended abstract/full paper
By 10 September 2023 - Notification of acceptance
By 1 October 2023 - Submission of full paper
From 1 July 2022 to 30 September 2023 - Registration to the conference
12-13 October 2023 - XXXIV AiIG Annual Scientific Meeting
To register and proceed with the payment, please follow this link:
AiIG members: Professors and Senior Researchers
- € 330 + € 60 annual association fee 2023
AiIG members: Junior Researchers
- € 220 + € 30 annual association fee 2023
- € 500
Raffaella Cagliano, Politecnico di Milano
Mario Calderini, Politecnico di Milano
Alessandra Colombelli, Politecnico di Torino
Emilio Esposito,Università di Napoli Federico II
Giancarlo Giudici, Politecnico di Milano
Matteo Kalchschmidt, Università di Bergamo
Raffaella Manzini, LIUC Università C. Cattaneo
Federico Munari, Università di Bologna
Fabio Nonino, Sapienza Università di Roma
Giovanni Perrone, Università di Palermo
Enrico Scarso, Università di Padova
Giancarlo Giudici, Politecnico di Milano
Federico Bartolomucci, Politecnico di Milano
Debora Bettiga, Politecnico di Milano
Fabio Busicchia, Politecnico di Milano
Vincenzo Butticè, Politecnico di Milano
Filomena Canterino, Politecnico di Milano
Angelo Cavallo, Politecnico di Milano
Matteo Conti, Politecnico di Milano
Annalisa Croce, Politecnico di Milano
Eleonora Gheduzzi, Politecnico di Milano
Josip Kotlar, Politecnico di Milano
Omar Mazzucchelli, Politecnico di Milano
Antonella Moretto, Politecnico di Milano
Partners and sponsors
Politecnico di Milano, Lecco1/C, Via Gaetano Previati Lecco, Lombardia Italia, 23900
May 25, 2023 - 06:39 until October 12, 2023 - 23:30
For any questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org