The Travel for Training Award provides financial assistance to QBIN members wishing to travel to another lab located within Quebec, Canada, or abroad for the purpose of training. The award is open to master's and PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and staff members from universities, hospitals and research centres working in areas related to bio-imaging in Quebec. The award is given to enable someone to either receive training at another institution or provide training to someone or a team at another institution.
This program aims to:
- Encourage collaboration with universities, hospitals or research centres located in a different city than the applicant's home institution
- Support knowledge acquisition and consolidation
- To increase the impact of our member’s research in the international bio-imaging community, including in clinical practice
The Travel for Training Award Program will open twice a year, with deadlines in February and August. For applications filed in February, the departure date must be between April 1st and September 30th of the same calendar year. For applications filed in December, the departure date must be between October 1st of the same year and March 31st of the following calendar year. Only one award will be given per applicant in the same financial year. Results will be announced approximately one month after the application deadline.
Exceptionally, this year, the departure date for applications filed in February must be between April 1 and July 30, 2024.
Deadline for the current competition: February 12, 2024 at 12:00 noon
The award may cover transportation (air, train, bus) and accommodation (hotel or apartment rental) of up to $250 per week for a maximum of 12 weeks.
The maximum amount of reimbursement by QBIN will be $3,000 including airfare.
- The applicant must be a student, postdoc, or research staff member of QBIN (become a member) who is affiliated with a university, a hospital or a research centre in Quebec and is domiciled in Quebec.
- The applicant's supervisor must be a regular, emerging, regular-clinician, or regular-clinician emerging member of QBIN (refer to our membership directory or ask them to become a member).
- The training must be directly related to bio-imaging.
- The departure must be within the dates specified for each application cycle.
If you have any doubt about your eligibility, please contact email@example.com
• Quality of training plan and environment (1/3)
• Relevance to the home/host's research program (1/3)
• Impact for QBIN members and bio-imaging in Quebec (1/3)
To apply for this program, use the submission form. The form will ask you to provide a short summary of the following:
- A description of the training plan and training environment (250 words)
- A statement of relevance to the home/host's research program (250 words)
- An explanation of the impact for QBIN members and bio-imaging in Quebec (250 words)
You will then need to upload the following application documents in a single PDF file:
- Letters of support from both the home and host supervisors describing the purpose of the training
- A budget of the estimated travel and accommodation expenses, in Canadian dollars
No documents sent by email or mail will be accepted.
Reimbursement of travel expenses
Following the approval of the application, you will be required to provide the following supporting documents in order to process the reimbursement of your travel expenses. We recommend that you prepare these documents in advance to avoid any delays.
- Proof of university attendance for students or proof of affiliation to a recognized university, hospital or research centre for postdoc and staff members
- Receipts, invoices and proof of payment for travel expenses up to the maximum amount permitted by the program
- The following forms required by the Finance Department of the Université de Sherbrooke for the payment of the allowance: "Confirmation de lien" and "Demande de matricule"
All documents must be provided in English or French even if the training is in a country where these two languages are not part of the official languages.
December 4, 2023 - 08:30 until February 12, 2024 - 12:00
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .