Water Day: Research Serving the Municipal and Private Sector
In an effort to democratize knowledge, CentrEau, the Quebec Water Management Research Centre, is organizing a one-day event on May 4, 2023 at Cégep Saint-Laurent.
Objectives of this day:
- Build relationships between the municipal, private and academic sectors to develop innovative solutions to current challenges related to water management and governance.
- Promote the next generation of scientists by showcasing their research.
- Made known the funding available for collaborative research projects.
9:00 - 9:30am : Welcoming participants and Scientific Poster Session
9:30 - 9:45am : Opening remarks
9:45 - 11:15am : Presentation of municipal and private sector challenges that will be the focus of the afternoon roundtables. Topics will be:
Municipal sludge management and recovery:
- City of Longueuil
- Drone Deschamps
- City of Saint-Sauveur
Substantial drinking water savings:
- To be confirmed
11:15-11:30am : Coffee Break
11:30-12:30pm : Panel on funding for collaborative projects: NSERC, MITACS, CRIBIQ
12:30-1:45pm : Lunch and Scientific Poster Session
1:45-3:15pm : Roundtables to discuss possible solutions to municipal and private sector challenges
3:15-3:30pm : Closing remarks and awards for the best scientific posters
3:30-4:15pm : Visit of the Centre des technologies de l’eau laboratories (optional)
CentrEau will provide lunch for participants. In addition, for students presenting a poster and CentrEau student members who are located outside of Montreal, transportation will be arranged (and made available to other participants if space is available!).
Cégep Saint-Laurent: 625 Av. Sainte-Croix, Ville Saint-Laurent (Montréal), QC H4L 3X7
- By metro: 5 min. walk from the college station (exit at rue du collège)
- By car, there are paid parking lots ($), but please note that spaces are limited:
- Cegep parking lot
- Municipal parking (at 830 Ouimet Street)
- Parking at Vanier College
Cégep Saint-Laurent (Montréal)625, Avenue Sainte-Croix Montréal, QC Canada, H4L 3X7
March 12, 2023 - 16:30 until April 8, 2023 - 03:30
March 13, 2023 - 12:00 until April 8, 2023 - 03:30
For any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com