This event is primarily aimed at parents, families and caregivers of children with a congenital malformation of the lower limb and who wish to learn more about the subject. Professionals are also welcome to attend if they wish to learn more about the resources available to and issues faced by the families they work with.
Thanks to the collaboration of the teams of four Montreal pediatric centers, namely, the CHU Sainte-Justine, the Marie Enfant Rehabilitation Centre, the Montreal Children's Hospital and the Shriners Hospitals for Children - Canada, this event will once again bring together families, professionals, organizations and partners to discuss a unifying theme.
On the program
A mix of lectures, panels and testimonials related to pediatric congenital lower limb malformations, such as angular and rotational deformities of the lower limbs, clubfoot and other congenital foot deformities, spina bifida, arthrogryposis, congenital leg length discrepancies (LLD) and developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH).
Topics to be covered include: potential causes of certain malformations, preventive and curative treatment options, prognoses, outpatient aids, different ways of having a discussion with your child about a diagnosis and fostering partnerships between families and professionals.
This event will unfold in 2 blocks:
- Block 1 - Medical section
- Block 2 - Social et rehabilitation section
The preliminary program of the event is available under the "Program" tab.
- In person at the CHU Sainte-Justine on March 23rd, 2024
- Virtually on March 23rd, 2024
- Simultaneous translation will be available for all presentations (French and English)
For people on site at the CHU Sainte-Justine
- Visit of the booths of organizations related to congenital malformation of the lower limb
- Childcare available for children - registration required by March 11th, 2024
- Breakfast, snacks and lunch included
Registration is free, but mandatory. Register online by clicking on the ''Registration'' tab.
Registration deadline: March 20th, 2024
- Dr. Camille Costa, Physiatrist, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada and CHU Sainte-Justine
- Catherine Ouellet, Occupational Therapist and Clinical Coordinator of the AMS Program, Marie Enfant Rehabilitation Center
- Karima Mecherri, Patient-Ressource, MUSCO
- Katharina Bourgin, Project and Communications Manager, MUSCO
- Dr. Marie Laberge, Physiatrist and pediatrician, CHU Sainte-Justine and Marie Enfant Rehabilitation Center
- Dr. Peter Glavas, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, CHU Sainte-Justine
- Dr. Reggie Hamdy, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada
- Stephanie Gould, Inter-establishment Navigator, MUSCO
- Valancy Miranda, Genetic counselor, CHU Sainte-Justine and Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada
MUSCO is a collaborative initiative carried by the four organizing institutions. This approach aims to collaboration and mobilize partners to optimize the care and services provided to children with neuromusculoskeletal disorders requiring complex care by developing various projects such as this family-oriented event.
Thank you to the MUSCO founding partners
CHU Sainte-Justine3175, Chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine Montréal, QC Canada, H3T 1C5
February 1, 2024 - 07:00 until March 21, 2024 - 00:00
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com .