On November 4-8, 2024 the Global Land Programme (GLP) will hold our 5th Open Science Meeting (OSM) in Oaxaca, Mexico. The GLP is a global interdisciplinary network of science and practice, working to foster understanding of land systems and the next generation of science-based solutions for local- to global-scale challenges.
Land is where we live, grow our food, and derive resources and where a majority of the world’s people derive their livelihoods. The GLP community works in and studies land systems around the planet: complex, dynamic and interdependent social-ecological systems that blend activities of people with the rest of nature. While land use generates many sustainability challenges, it is also key to overcoming existential challenges that humanity is facing, and to achieving sustainable development.
On behalf of the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the OSM, and the Scientific Steering Committee of GLP, we are thrilled to invite you, scientists and practitioners from across the Americas and the world, and from diverse disciplines and experiences, to join us for this gathering in Oaxaca, where we will seek to generate and reinvigorate conversations grounded in the strength of our collective and diverse knowledge towards just and sustainable transformations.
- November 9, 2023 - Call for Sessions OPEN
- December 10, 2023 - Session Proposals submission deadline
- January 12, 2024 - Abstract submission OPEN (all session types & posters)
- March 10, 2024 - Abstract submission deadline
- April 5, 2024 - Abstract acceptance notification | Meeting Registration Open
- November 4, 2024 - GLPOSM5 side & pre-meetings | Welcome evening
- November 5-7, 2024 - Scientific Program !!!
- November 8, 2024 - Fieldtrips and workshops
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Centro Cultural y de Convenciones de Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
November 7, 2023 - 00:00 until December 10, 2023 - 23:30
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .