Physio Refresh assists registrants to prepare for and succeed at the Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE) and to enter into clinical physiotherapy practice in Canada. The program combines self-directed learning with an instructor-led review and encompasses both theoretical and practical components. Practice examinations and workshops with instructors assist participants to focus on the review of Physical Therapy knowledge, clinical skills, and clinical reasoning.
Founding Partners: The Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC), the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC),Vancouver Coastal Health Authority and Fraser Health Authority.
Written Program Content
Upon registration for the Physio Refresh Written Program, participants receive a customized study schedule that recommends an effective approach to engaging with the program content based on the length of time available before the participant’s scheduled national exam date. The option to register as early as six-months, or one-month in advance of your exam date provides flexibility for participants. Registrants can participate from any location. The program provides:
- An initial 40 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Exam;
- Five clinical modules with glossaries, resources, and study questions;
- Four Post-Module MCQ exams for the key content areas: Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardiopulmonary-vascular, and Multi-system/Other;
- 23 Virtual Patient Cases: interactive multi-media presentations of complex cases - each with an accompanying quiz to ensure learning objectives are met;
- 10+ Interactive Instructional Modules;
- A 55 MCQ Exam
- An MCQ Exam Skills Module
- A discussion board to connect with other participants
Written Tutorial Workshop :
- Three workshop sessions, each 3.5 hours long, conducted via Zoom
- The sessions cover Musculoskeletal, Neurological, and Cardiovascular-respiratory content
- Each session is led by an experienced instructor using MCQs and case studies to review key elements in the respective area of practice
Final 100+MCQ Exam:
- A Final 100+ MCQ Exam provides participants with an indication of preparedness for the National Exam.
- This 2.5-hour tutorial is facilitated by an experienced instructor via Zoom.
- The tutorial allows participants to practice further MCQs and case study discussion and includes an introduction and overview of complex health condition population management and planning.
You can find more information on https://physiorefresh.med.ubc.ca/written-program
June 1, 2023 - 00:00 until June 30, 2024 - 23:30
For any questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org