Science Atlantic Environment Conference (SAEC) 2023 is an opportunity to present your research, learn about your peers’ research, and interact as well as network with students and professors in the Atlantic provinces. All students and faculty with an interest in environmental research are welcome to attend. Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to present their research in oral or poster format.
THIS YEAR’S CONFERENCE - UPDATED SCHEDULE POSTED BELOW
This year’s conference is hosted by Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland. It will be fully virtual, and will include talks and poster sessions. There will also be a keynote speaker and prizes for student presentations!
WHEN AND WHERE?
The conference will occur virtually on Saturday March 25, 2023. There will be a presenter orientation and technology check on March 24, 2023. All presenters (oral and poster) are encouraged to attend the orientation. SEE SCHEDULE FOR TIMES OF DROP-IN REHEARSALS ON FRIDAY MARCH 24.
NOTE: THE CONFERENCE IS BEING HOSTED USING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOURWAVES, WITH ALL ORAL PRESENTATIONS OCCURRING IN VIRTUAL MEETINGS HOSTED BY MS TEAMS. PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS BEFORE THE CONFERENCE BEGINS: MAKE SURE THAT YOUR COMPUTER IS UPDATED, DOWNLOAD MS TEAMS TO YOUR COMPUTER IF NOT ALREADY LOADED, AND DOWNLOAD AND USE CHROME AS THE BEST INTERNET BROWSER FOR RUNNING MS TEAMS. THE POSTER SESSION IS ALSO HOSTED ON FOURWAVES.
REGISTRATION ($20) is open until March 15, 2023 (for non-presenters)
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION is open until March 13, 2023. Please register when you submit your abstract. All the requirements for abstracts are listed on the submission page. Abstracts, posters, and presentations will be accepted in French or English.
- Oral presentations will be delivered live through MS Teams. Presentations will be 15 minutes in length with 5 minutes for questions.
- Students will be able to share their PPT presentation through the MS Teams platform.
- A 1.5 hour poster session will take place during the conference, where attendees can browse the posters and enter a virtual room to ask the students questions.
- Posters should be saved as an image file (jpeg, png, or gif) and uploaded on the submission page
- Landscape format is ideal, but portrait is also acceptable
- There are no specific dimensions, but a size such as 16 x 9 would be appropriate
Check out these infographics about attending online conferences!
SPONSORS: GRENFELL CAMPUS - MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY & SCIENCE ATLANTIC
CONFERENCE AT A GLANCE and FULL CONFERENCE PROGRAM
February 6, 2023 - 11:30 until March 25, 2023 - 02:00
February 6, 2023 - 11:30 until March 14, 2023 - 02:00
For any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com