Conference 100e FaMUL
The ongoing strike by the Syndicat des professeurs et professeures de l’Université Laval (SPUL) forces us to postpone the beginning of the registration for the Conference on our website, which was planned on Monday March 20. You will be informed by email as soon as possible when the registration page on our website will be accessible. We engage to keep you updated as soon as we have new informations.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions at email@example.com
Dialogues — International Music Research Conference
May 17 to May 21, 2023
Laval University, 2325 rue de l’Université, Québec
The academic year 2022-2023 marks the 100th anniversary of the Faculty of Music at Université Laval. For the occasion, the faculty is organizing the Dialogues Conference, which will be held from May 17 to 21, 2023 at Université Laval, located in Quebec City. The conference, hybrid format, will host the principal Canadian research societies in music, teaching and music creation, as well as an international partner:
- Canadian Association of Music Libraries (CAML)
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music Canada (IASPM-Canada)
- Journées internationales de pédagogie instrumentale et vocale (JIRPP)
- Observatoire interdisciplinaire de création et de recherche en musique, Université Laval (OICRM-ULaval)
- Canadian Network for Musicians' Health and Wellness
- Canadian Society for Traditional Music (CSTM)
- Canadian University Music Society (MusCan)
- Société québécoise de recherche en musique (SQRM)
Focused on the theme, Dialogues, the conference invites participants to reflect together about the next century in research, teaching, music creation and composition.
While researchers, creators, students, and music practitioners are welcome to present on any aspect of their work, the conference especially welcomes presentations with a focus on three main objectives:
- To promote equity, diversity and inclusion, via an interdisciplinary, interuniversity, transregional, intermilieu and transcultural dialogue.
- To think collectively about the topics of equity, diversity and inclusion and their impact on the production, mobilization and application of new music knowledge.
- To contribute to the accessibility of scientific music production by creating meeting spaces for discussion and by bringing various people and domains together (research, education, artistic practice, creation and composition, general public).
In preparation for the conference, which will take place in-person and online, we invite the members of the associations to present scientific communications, panels, poster presentations, workshops, roundtables, compositions, lecture-recitals or mini-concerts to the scientific committee. The Dialogues Conference will oversee the organization of many different plenary activities including the keynote conference, roundtables and musical events.
REGISTRATION TO THE CONFERENCE
The registration page on our website will be accessible from March 20, 2023.
The candidates whose proposition has been selected must be a member of their association and register for the conference by April 17, 2023.
The preliminary program will be accessible on the Conference website by April 17, 2023.
Registration fees for the presenters
· Faculty members (full time): 200 $ for 5 days or 75 $/day
· Lecturers, Postdoctoral fellows, independent researchers, artists: 125$ for 5 days or 50$/day
· Students (proof required): 50 $ for 5 days or 20 $/day
· General: 50 $ for 5 jours
· Students (proof required) 25 $ for 5 days
Registration fees for the public
In-Person : Free (without coffee breaks), 15 $/day with coffee breaks
Registration fees are not refundable. Registration gives access to every events (plenary, workshop, communications, composition competition, etc.) presented by the eight associations participating, the opening night, the closing activity and coffee breaks. The visa, travel, accommodation, and meal fees are at the expense of the participant. Some activities outside the Conference may involve additional costs (concerts, guided tour) for those who which to participate.
Follow our news on our Facebook and Instagram pages, 100e FaMUL, and subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss any events related to the 100th anniversary of the faculty and the conference:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/100eFaMUL
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/100efamul/
Newsletter: To subscribe, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Proposals - Dialogues Conference 2023
Download the call for Proposals for all the instructions to submit a presentation, a poster presentation, a panel, a roundtable and a workshop.
Call for Scores - MusCan Composition Competition 2023
Download the call for Scores for all the instructions to submit a score for the MusCan Composition Competition 2023.
In a spirit of friendship and solidarity, Laval University honours the First Peoples and the Innuit on this land. Being at the crossroads of the Huron-Wendat Nionwentsïo, the Wabanaki Ndakina, the Innuit Nitassinan, the Atikamekw Nitaskinan and the Wolastoqey Wolastokuk, we honour our relationships with one another.
Partner associations and institutions
Pavillon Louis-Jacques-Casault, Université Laval1055, Avenue du Séminaire Québec, QC Canada, G1V 2W5
For any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com