REGAL students, welcome to the 20th edition of REGAL Student Day.
This year, REGAL's annual event is being held in conjunction with the INALCO 2023 international conference. This is a unique opportunity to meet researchers, professionals, technicians, professors and industry players over the course of a 3-day event.
17 REGAL students are registered as speakers in the different sessions of the program. It's great visibility for our student members.
Visit Website for details:
In case of doubt, please refer to the French version.
PLACES ARE LIMITED TO 52. YOUR PLACE WILL BE RESERVED WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.
NEW FOR 2023
The international Aluminium conference (INALCO) is a unique opportunity to give visibility to the REGAL student community. That's why this year, REGAL has chosen to innovate in its way of evaluating students in the scientific poster competition. After a preliminary evaluation, 15 of them will be selected as finalists. They will be invited to orally present their posters in a Pitch Presentation Session that will take place in the plenary room in front of all participants in the INALCO conference. A jury composed of international speakers, present at INALCO, will evaluate the Pitch Presentations based on a single criterion, which is the ability to popularize the scientific concepts and generate interest from the audience.
Full details can be found in the following sections.
Master's or PhD students and postdoctoral fellows
- Only one poster per participant is allowed in the competition.
- You must be registered on the REGAL student community membership list
The number of places is limited to 50 in this category. Your place will be reserved when you submit your abstract. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bachelor and college students
- You must have participated in a research project related to aluminum and present the resulting findings.
- The number of places is limited to 2 in this category. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline of August 28, 2023 at 11:30 pm on the page Abstract submission for poster.
Each poster is evaluated by 3 evaluators, recruited from among REGAL industry partners, REGAL members (professors, or research staff) according to the following criteria:
- Aesthetics and appearance (formatting, clarity, balance between text and images, quality of illustrations and graphics), 25 points
- Originality of the research topic (scientific relevance), 25 points
- Technical content (problem statement objectives, methodology, analysis, discussion, conclusion), 25 points
- Quality of making the research accessible to a wider audience (Quality of ideas, ability to popularize, respect for the maximum allotted time of 5 minutes), 15 points.
New rule for evaluating criterion no. 4:
- For the evaluation of criterion no. 4, you will need to make a 5-minute video recording on PowerPoint to present your poster and save it in MP4 format. Instructions will be provided to you for preparing the video. You can record in the language of your choice.
- Instructions for recording the presentation.
- Instructions for saving as mp4.
- This recording must be submitted at the same time as your poster.
- The advantage is that the 3 evaluators will see the same presentation, and this saves you from having to do the same presentation three times in the poster sessions, as in previous competitions.
- Following the evaluation of criteria 1 to 4, 10 finalists will be selected and become eligible for the final round. The announcement of the finalists eligible for the final Pitch Presentation round will be made on October 11th during the welcome cocktail. See the program
- The 10 finalists will present their posters during a one-hour session in the plenary room in front of the INALCO conference participants. The presentation must be made by the contest registrant, in person and in English.
- The allocated time for the Pitch Presentation is a maximum of 5 minutes and will be timed. The text prepared for the video may be used in whole or in part, but not compulsory.
- A visual aid is allowed (3 to 5 slides maximum).
- A panel of evaluators recruited from among international speakers will give a score to the Pitch Presentations based on a single criterion: the ability to popularize and generate interest from the audience (10 points).
- The announcement of scholarship recipients will be made in the poster room at 5:30 pm on October 12, 2023.
Use of this template is mandatory.
Respect for the deadlines is essential to ensure the smooth running of the event. No compromise will be made regarding the dates indicated below. Your poster must be prepared sufficiently in advance to obtain all necessary approvals on time (supervisor, co-supervisor, co-authors, industrial collaborators, etc.).
- Scholarships will be awarded to the first 4 positions.
- An audience prize will be awarded. Conference participants will be able to vote for their favorite poster on October 11 and 12, 2023 until 3:00 pm.
Thanks to our partners for their support of the organization and their contribution to the scholarships offered for our students' scientific poster competition.
Québec, Canada1000, Boulevard René-Lévesque Est Québec, QC Canada, G1A 1B4
August 18, 2023 - 12:20 until September 23, 2023 - 23:30
August 18, 2023 - 12:20 until September 18, 2023 - 23:30
For any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com