Welcome to CICME 23
We are happy to welcome you to our 2023 event!
This year's conference will be the first hybrid CICME with speakers and attendee both online and in Phom Penh, November 22-24. We expect over 100 participants on site, and over 100 online participants.
- You can still register to attend to the conference online.
This CICME event is once again completely FREE to contribute to, and to attend
In the coming days, you will find more information about the event, the speakers and the schedule. You will also be able to explore the content and see the list of participants.
Find out more about previous CICME events at www.cicme.uqam.ca
ABOUT CICME 23
We are proud to announce the 3rd Cambodia International Conference on Mentoring Educators 2023, which will be held as a hybrid Conference (both in-person and online) from the National Institute of Education, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Building on the successful results of the 2nd CICME conference, in which participated more than 70 speakers representing 19 countries, the purpose of the CICME-2023 conference is to examine various mentoring modalities and opportunities designed to help K-12 educators to develop their competencies, especially in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM).
Researchers, teacher trainers, school administrators, teachers, pedagogical advisors, and consultants from Asia and around the globe are invited to join us and share knowledge and experiences with our developing community. We also hope the conference might be the occasion to promote and initiate international cooperation among participants in relation to mentoring educator.
The conference will be held in English through real-time online participation and in-person sessions (for invited participants). It will provide opportunities for participants to share and hear about various ideas, programs, and research and to discuss the challenges associated with mentoring educators online. It will thus provide a forum for the participants to meet and exchange common interests in both a formal and informal atmosphere.
The conference is organized by the New Generation Pedagogical Research Center (NGPRC) and the National Institute of Education (NIE). It is made possible thanks to the support of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research and other professional societies in the region, and the support of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of Cambodia (MOEYS) and Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE). We also count on a number of national and international sponsors such as The HEAD Foundation, the Cambodia STEM Excellence Pathway (CSEP) and many others.
Mentoring Educators to Support STEAM Education
STEAM is designed to integrate various subjects as a way to teach and learn across disciplines and promote innovation, critical thinking, imaginative designs, to creative approaches to real-world problems. Our objectives for the conferences are as follows:
- To provide a forum for research findings on mentoring from the international community;
- To introduce new pathways to excellence in education through action and innovation in mentoring;
- To share best teaching practices and use research findings on mentoring to solve school problems;
- To share mentoring experiences and skills;
- To establish partnerships and collaborations between researchers across the globe;
- To disseminate results of tertiary education thesis/dissertation activities on mentoring; and
- To draw new perspectives in solving educational and organizational problems and issues through mentoring.
More specifically, the theme of the conference includes for example:
- Training mentors for teachers at all stages of their career
- Principles and systems of mentoring for K-12 educators (including the assessment of monitoring setups)
- Research and mentoring (including research on mentoring and the use of research findings in mentoring)
- Becoming a successful mentor, professional ethics, and other related issues
- Mentoring in a digital world (including new tools for Mentoring)
- Mentoring in an Asian context and across borders
- Mentoring in STEM / STEAM education
- Mentoring, teacher training, and teacher retention
- Mentoring and school systems (including, for example, decentralized school management)
International program committee and Local organization committee
This CICME 23 conference would not be possible without the generous support of the members of our two main committees
Sponsors and supporting organizations
This CICME event is made possible thanks to the support of various organizations, either through financial support, in-kind contributions, or as organizing committees.
September 15, 2023 - 13:55 until November 22, 2023 - 16:00
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .