GEO BON Global Conference: Monitoring Biodiversity for Action
A whole of society approach for urgent and transformative change
• GLOBAL BIODIVERSITY OBSERVING SYSTEM (GBiOS)
• ESSENTIAL VARIABLES
• SCIENCE & INNOVATION
• POLICY & ENGAGEMENT
• COMMUNITY-BASED MONITORING
• COMMUNICATION ACROSS SOCIETY
Stay informed by signing up to our mailing list!
The registration is now open!
The Global Conference on Biodiversity and Monitoring is organized by GEO BON and its partners between 10-13 October 2023 in Montreal, Canada.
One year after COP15 of the UN CBD and the landmark agreement of a Global Biodiversity Framework, the GEO BON global conference will focus on the grand challenge of ‘Monitoring Biodiversity for Action’. A central theme will be the development of best practices and new technologies for biodiversity observations and monitoring to support transformative policy and conservation action.
The conference will offer a venue for sharing and exchanging scientific and traditional knowledge related to biodiversity change, from genes to ecosystems; the associated contributions to people, across all sectors of society; and its conservation, sustainable use and shared benefits.
We invite researchers, policy-makers, Indigenous peoples and local communities, conservation organizations, businesses and others in the financial sector to join us in Montreal.
Sessions accepting abstracts
- Linking biodiversity monitoring networks to assess biodiversity change across scales
- From Insight to Action: Mapping Europe's Biodiversity Initiatives and their Path towards 2030 Ambitions
- AI for insect monitoring
- Importance of Earth Observation to monitor and assess the drivers of biodiversity changes
- Climate change as a driver of biodiversity and ecosystem change - novel uses of satellite remote sensing
- Innovative use of Earth Observation products in support to nature finance challenges
- SEEA Ecosystem Accounting and Biodiversity
- Global analyses and macrogenetic theories to quantify and monitor genetic diversity for the Global Biodiversity Frameworks
- Biomolecular approaches for global biodiversity observation
- Standardized eDNA-based biodiversity monitoring to inform environmental stewardship programs
- Unlocking eDNA as a biodiversity monitoring and conservation tool in tropical landscapes
- Biodiversity monitoring in aquatic ecosystems to support a whole society approach to transformative change
- Monitoring Ecosystem Services: where do we stand and how do we move forward?
- Advances in biodiversity modeling from monitoring to mitigation
- Innovative approaches to monitoring, documenting, and communicating change in freshwater biodiversity
- Ten years of Essential Biodiversity Variables: How are we calculating them?
Please submit your abstract here before June 5th.
Centre Mont-Royal200, Rue Mansfield Montréal, QC Canada, H3A 3R8
April 17, 2023 - 04:00 until June 5, 2023 - 04:00
For any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com