1. Name and contact data of the data controller
This data protection information is applicable to data processing on
Sanderring 2, 97070 Wuerzburg, Germany
2. Processing personal data and purposes of processing
a) When registering for events
When registering for an event, you need to enter the following mandatory data. These include:
- First name and surname
- Email address
The mandatory data are processed in order to identify the interested persons as participants of the event, to perform the participation contract, and to provide the participants with information pertaining to the event before, during and after the event.
We have concluded an order processing agreement with Mailingwork. By this agreement, Mailingwork assures that it will process the data on our account in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and guarantees the protection of rights of the data subjects.
In addition, it may in some cases be necessary within the scope of performance of the contract to transfer your personal data to an external organiser. In connection with an event registration, you will be informed about who the organiser is and whether it is an external organiser. This organiser will process personal data within the scope of the event and especially for the management of participants.
The personal data we collect for the order is stored with us for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract and compliance with mandatory statutory legal obligations applicable to us.
3. Transfer of personal data to third parties
Except for the aforementioned cases (registration for events), we forward your personal data to third parties only if:
- you have given your express consent pursuant to the first sentence of point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR,
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you pursuant to the first sentence of point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR,
- A statutory obligation exists for transferring pursuant to the first sentence of point (c) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
In the event that personal data is transferred to a third country (outside the EU) or an international organisation, we will provide information accordingly.
4. Social media
We use the following social media plug-ins:
a) Facebook Ireland Limited: Sharing on Facebook
Information is partly transferred to the parent company Facebook Inc., headquartered in the USA, to other Facebook-companies and external partners of Facebook, each of which may be located outside the European Union. Facebook utilizes standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and relies on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries.
For the purpose and scope of the data collection, further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your related rights and configuration options for protecting your private, please refer to the Facebook's privacy notice.
b) Twitter International Company: Sharing on Twitter
Information is partly transferred to the parent company Twitter Inc., headquartered in the USA, to other Twitter-companies and external partners of Twitter, each of which may be located outside the European Union. Twitter utilizes standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and relies on your consent.
For more information on data protection on Twitter, please refer to the Twitter privacy statement.
c) LinkedIn Corporation: Sharing on LinkedIn
Information is partly transferred to the parent company LinkedIn Corporation, headquartered in the USA, to other LinkedIn-companies and external partners of LinkedIn, each of which may be located outside the European Union. LinkedIn utilizes standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
For more information on data protection on LinkedIn, please refer to the LinkedIn privacy statement.
5. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw the consent given to us at any time. This means that in future we may no longer continue to process the data as based on this consent;
- pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. More particularly, you may obtain information about the purpose of processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients, to whom your data has been or is disclosed to, the storage period planned, the existence of a right to request from the controller rectification , erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, significant information about its details;
- pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data without undue delay or the completion of your personal data stored with us;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data stored with us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation , for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you deny its erasure and we no longer need the data while you still require it for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to obtain the transmission to another data controller and
- pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. For this, you may normally contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or workplace or our company headquarters.
8. Information on your right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object, on grounds relating from your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data, which is based on point (e) of Article 6(1) GDPR (data processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest) and on point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR (data processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests); this is also applicable to profiling pursuant to Article 4(4) GDPR based on this regulation.
If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If your objection is directed against the processing of data for the purpose of direct marketing, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not necessary. This is also applicable to profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
Cancellations must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee will be refunded if the cancellation notice is received by the secretariat at least 4 weeks before the start of the symposium. Up to one week before the start of the event 50% of the costs will be refunded, one day before the start of the symposium no refund will be made.